I Skimm! You Skimm! We ALL Skimm...

30 June 2014


Wish you knew what people meant when they referred to ISIS and the latest on the VA scandal? Want something clever (and intelligent!) to say to your coworkers? Time to impress your happy hour set with some World Cup terminology?

If you're like me (i.e. a time-crunched, stressed-out, running all over the place young professional) you want your news. And you wanted it 10 min. ago with your boutique cappuccino and your morning emails already responded to. Le sigh. Enter one of my latest discoveries...theSkimm!

Seriously, this daily email gets you everything you need to know. Plus some Mean Girls or Friday Night Lights references thrown in, just to spice it up! Hello, since when was news actually ENJOYABLE to read? I mean, look at the state of affairs, it can be a bit of a downer at times. Far from trivializing current events, theSkimm offers a fresh and quick glance at what you need to know now.

As they say: "We read. You skimm." So...you should probably get off your AM Twitter feed and subscribe to theSkimm which will offer you just as many witty laughs and funny comebacks with the bonus of hard news.

(Did I mention I am a new Skimm'bassador?? Would love your support for this new start-up that I think is doing some great things for the millennial crowd. Seriously. Getting us interested-and invested!- in news can be a hard task. Bravo!)

Pro tip: Read theSkimm in your bed when you wake up (like me!) this way you start your morning with a laugh, or two, and feel prepared to take on the day with your worldly savoir-faire!

My personal favorite Skimm moments:

Because I've secretly been wondering this my whole life, but was too embarrassed to ask...

Because of all the awkwardness...


Mean Girls. So innocently interjected into international affairs.

 Tim Riggins. That is all. #TexasForever

How can you NOT want to receive these bundles of joy and knowledge in your inbox every morning? That's what I thought...

2 comments:

  1. I love The Skimm! I didn't know you were a Skimm'bassador! What do you do for that? So good to meet you this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in LOVE with theSkimm as well! I definitely want to recommend some type of article for The Key connecting young women to more current events and being socially aware. As a Skimm'bassador I work to promote theSkimm amongst my colleagues, networking circles, etc. and get some fun swag in return! If you are interested in promoting them via your social media (or if you have a blog!) let me know, and I can connect with you. Great meeting you as well!

    ReplyDelete